Outlook is very popular client email software in the world and offered by Microsoft. Many people use Outlook as the primary email application for all emails. Many Gmail customers prefer to use Gmail account through Outlook software. Although web based email service like Gmail is loaded with useful email features, however customers are more comfortable with Outlook. So you may want to know how to configure Outlook for Gmail. Well you can easily configure your Gmail account in Outlook software. Even if you are not technically efficient, you can do the same without much knowledge. Here we are going to discuss in details about how to configure Outlook for Gmail. So, just follow the simple steps and manage Your Gmail account through Outlook.
With the use of POP3 or an IMAP account, one can easily configure the Gmail account on Outlook. In order to start with the steps to connect Outlook to Gmail, you first need to enable POP3 or IMAP option in Gmail. For that sign in to your Gmail account and go to Settings. Then click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP. After that enable IMAP or POP, whichever way you want to configure the account. Once you have completed the process follow the below steps to connect Outlook to Gmail
· Open the Outlook email application in your system
· If you have Outlook account setup already for another account, click on File and then click on Add Account
· If this is the first time, a welcome window will open. Click Next to display the Add an Email Account window. The select Yes and click Next to setup Outlook
· Now select Email account radio button
· Then enter your Name and complete Gmail address
· Enter password and retype it.
· Then click Next for automatic setup of Gmail to Outlook
However many times with simple automatic process, Gmail is not properly conjured to Outlook. Therefore you need to do manual setup with complete server settings.
Do you want know the settings to connect Outlook to Gmail manually? Well you may follow the below steps for manual settings of Gmail in Outlook
· For manual setup, in the auto account setup page, select Manual setup or additional server types and click Next
· Then select POP or IMAP as the service type and click Next
· Now you need to enter the following account settings in the respective fields. Enter your name, complete email address first
· Then select IMAP or POP in account type
· Enter the following details in Incoming mail server
· Enter smtp.gmail.com on your outgoing mail server (smtp) field
· On the login information, enter your full Gmail address and password. Click on Remember for password so that every time you do not need to enter it
· Then click on More settings option and click on Advanced tab
· If you use POP as account settings then on the “Incoming server (POP3)” field, enter 995 and mark the box “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)”; on the “Outgoing server (SMTP)” field, enter 465 and mark the box “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)”.
· If you use IMAP as account type, on the “Incoming server (IMAP)” field, enter 993 and mark the box “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)”; On the “Outgoing server (SMTP)” field, enter 587 and mark the box “This server requires an encrypted connection (TLS)”
· Now go to Outgoing server tab and enable “My outgoing mail server requires authentication
· You can also change the server timeout period here. If you need more time for connecting due to slow Internet increase the server timeout periods
· After that click Ok to close the window
· You can verify if the connection is properly setup by clicking on Test Account Settings
· If the Test is successful, click on Next and finish the setup process
You can get Outlook 365 when you subscribe for Office 365. Outlook 365 is more advanced and comes with various features. If you are suing Outlook 365, you may want to know how do I setup Gmail account in Outlook 365?
Well you can simply follow the manual setup process as discussed above and complete the setup of Gmail in Outlook 365. If you are having issues with the setup process, get support for Outlook customer support team.
Outlook users may face various issues while using it. Therefore they need reliable and dedicated customer support for timely and best solution. The Outlook customer service is third party tech support provider exclusively for Outlook. Customer can dial the 24 hours available customer services number and seek support. Certified technical experts are there to help the callers as soon as they connect with the support team. The toll free helpline number is easily accessible from anywhere in the world. Therefore customers can enjoy real-time instant solution for Outlook mail issues with this customer service number
· Outlook account setup and configuration related problems
· Sending and receiving email problems
· Sign in related issues with account
· SMTP/POP server related problems
· Import and export data and contacts
· Excessive spam or junk mail and other issues with account protection
· Other common Outlook errors
Use your Outlook email application without any trouble with the help of Outlook customer service. Get completely remote and secure service at affordable price, contact the Outlook helpline number now.