If the Google user is using a 64-bit version of Google Chrome, it may Chrome will not respond. The sandbox is the reason behind the Chrome crash. Google Chrome uses the special technology that isolates the process of browser to reduce penetrability. This reduces the possibility of malicious software on your PC.
How can I fix Google Chrome crashes on Windows 10?
Usually, you access your Google Chrome in your computer, sometimes your Chrome crashes on startup. In this situation, you no need to get panic because excellent steps are given below, you should follow the instructions carefully and gets the Google Chrome not responding problem resolved quickly:
Method:1 Disable Sandbox
You should disable the sandbox feature to stop Google Chrome from crashing on Windows 10. The disable sandbox instructions are given below, you must follow and your problem resolved:
- Open Google Chrome and go to the menu icon.
- First, you should right-click on Chrome shortcut.
- Then select Properties from the context menu.
- In the properties, you click on the shortcut tab.
- After that, click on the target field.
- In the target field type space at the end of the path, then enter no-sandbox. Click on apply to OK.
- Go the menu, click on the shortcut to launch Google Chrome this should resolve Chrome freezing on Windows 10.
- When you disabled the sandbox, the Google Chrome browser becomes vulnerable to attacks and malicious content, so it may involve some risk.
Method:2 Close Tab and Disable Extensions
If Google Chrome has so many tabs open it showdown this can lead to a Chrome crash issue. In this situation, you need to close all the tabs to solve the problem of Google Chrome not responding. After that, restart your Chrome and check the problem is resolved or not. If the problem is still not resolved or keeps freezing Window 10, then try to disable extensions.
Method:3 Run a virus scan
The problem behind Google Chrome crashes on Windows 10 can be the reason due to a virus. Once a virus or Malware enters your device then they can harm so may important or personal things. So you should install the antivirus if you do not have in your system because antivirus protects your computer from viruses. When you scan your computer or device from Malware, you definitely get resolved. After scanning the virus you should restart your Google Chrome and check your Google Chrome crashing has been fixed or not.
Method:4 Remove incompatible program
One of the more reasons behind the Google Chrome crashing is the incompatible program. In this case, you must check your system from an incompatible program to resolve the Google Chrome freezing on Windows 10. If you do not know how to remove the incompatible program then don’t worry just follow the below steps.
- Open your Google Chrome and go to the settings of Chrome.
- Then click on Advance.
- After that you will get Reset and clean up, click on it.
- Further, click on the Find a button next to find and remove harmful software.
- In this way, Google Chrome automatically runs a scan to look for harmful software.
- If any harmful software is deducted by Google Chrome then you should remove at a time and check your Google Chrome problem is resolved or not.
Method:5 Update Google Chrome
If your Google Chrome is not updated or you are using an old version of Google Chrome then it may your Google problem creating the problem. So in this situation, you should update your Google Chrome to get resolved from freezing Chrome Window 10 and also get advance or new features in it. So you must update your Google Chrome timely.
Method:6 Fixing Hardware Acceleration Issues
Sometimes hardware acceleration helps to Chrome work better. The reason behind Chrome to crash. You should try to disable this feature to resolve this problem. If the users do not know how to disable then, you can follow the steps which are given below:
- First, you should click on the three horizontal dots, which are shown in the top right corner.
- In the menu scroll down and click on the Settings option.
- After that, pop up window click on Advanced.
- Then click on the system.
- You will see ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’, click on it to disable. If it is shown on the blue color it means it is active when you again click on it, change into gray out to able.
- After adopting all the above steps you should check once, your problem has been resolved or not.