How Do I Fix Gmail Imap Not Working
IMAP is a standard email protocol that use to read messages from your Google Gmail in other mail clients like Apple Mail, Outlook, and so on. However, often users experienced problem Gmail IMAP not working, when setup/change in IMAP setting, and. Then to fix the issue, IMAP must be enabled in Gmail. It allows the server to sync your mail statues between multiple devices mad keep everything up to date.
What causes IMAP.Gmail.com not to Respond?
Gmail’s IMAP works very well across several platforms. But, many times, users face errors like IMAP Gmail, rendering to responsive into their iPhone/iPad/ iOS devices. The following causes could possible for the error message imap.gmail.com not to responding on devices.
- Application in an Error State.
- Email in an Error State.
- Disabled SSL.
- Inactive Internet Connection.
- Outdated Application.
- Network Error.
- Server Outrage.
How do I fix IMAP Gmail error?
When you receive IMAP Gmail error, and you don’t know How do I fix IMAP Gmail error, then don’t worry. Follow the given below steps to solve it
- You should update your IMAP settings so you don’t sync several folders.
- Remove your Gmail account from your email client and then try adding it again.
- In your Gmail IMAP settings, set IMAP to only sync folders with 10,000 emails or less.
- Try to delete your Gmail IMAP account and add it again.
Gmail not working with outlook! Facing Connecting Issue?
If you have trouble logging into Outlook with your Gmail account. It may happen due to your Gmail settings when Outlook won’t be able to synchronize. So, Gmail not working with outlook is pretty an easy problem to resolve by many users. Then, follow the steps below to change your Gmail settings and fix the issue.
Step 1: Verify You Enabled IMAP Option
- Open the Gmail account, then go to the top right, and chose the “Settings” menu.
- Then tap on the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab.
- Underneath IMAP Access, choose the “Enable IMAP” option.
- Tap on the “Save Changes”.
Step 2: Verify You Allowed Less Secure Apps
- Open the Gmail account, then go to the top right, then tap on your profile picture, and tap on “My Account”.
- Choose “Sign-in & security”. Then continue to “Connected apps & sites”.
- Find “Allow less secure” apps and enable this feature.
- Click on “Save changes”.
Step 3: Check You Created an App Password
- Go to the “Sign-in & security” section, in your Google account.
- Find “App passwords” and then tap on it.
- Give your Gmail account password.
- Then from the drop-down menu, select Outlook. Hit on the “Generate” button.
- Next, you will notice a 16-digit password. Save it to access Gmail from Outlook.
Step 4: Connect Gmail to Outlook
Now add your Gmail account to Outlook by Manual setup. Continue the process of adding your account, and finish it.
That’s all, now your Outlook account for Gmail has been configured, and the Gmail not working, the issue is solved.