How to recall an email in outlook
Outlook – it is a personal information manager which is available by Microsoft which is available to the user as a part of Microsoft suite, it comprises of the calendar, task manager, contact manager, note taking and web browser however the interesting part to know it can be used as a stand-alone application as well.
How to recall an email or message in outlook?
Yes, email has made communication a lot quicker and faster however there can be a situation that you have send an email to a person to whom it was not meant for or email misses an attachment or has a mistake there is nothing to worry about Outlook has a built-in feature which will help you by recalling an email or message however to in act the same one must go through the below mentioned
What is the requirements for recall mail in outlook?
- One needs to ensure that both the sender and the receiver must have an Exchange server email account and should be using outlook as an email
- When you attempt to do the recalling the recipient’s email must be open
- The message or the specific email which you are trying to recall must be unread at the recipient’s end and it should not move have moved to any other folder
Steps Recall an email in outlook:
- Step1: Open the outlook and move to Sent folder
- Step2: Double click on the message which you want to recall so that the message opens in a separate window
- Step3: Now go to message tab on the top and select the option Actions among the listed options select the option Recall This Message
- Step4: In this dialog select, one of the options from the two motioned
- In case one wants to just recall the message then select Delete Unread Copies of This message
- In case you want to replace with the new one then select Delete Unread Copies and Replace With a New Message
- Step5: If you want notification, then select Tell Me if Recall Succeeds or Fails for Each Recipient and select ok
- Step6: If you choose to go with the option Delete Unread Copies and Replace with a New Message, once the changes have been made then select send
- Step7: Once the steps have been taken care you will get the notification
Need Instant Help? Contact Outlook Customer Support
If you are facing some concern while using the services you can on the official page in the given box can type the issue and please carry out the actions in order to overcome the issue as they are provided by the expert however one can also call the team and take the help and they will ensure that the concern is dealt aptly, however, the best way to seek help is through communities