ProtonMail –it is an end-to-end encrypted email which was founded in 2013, one can access the services with the help of webmail client, the Tor network, or committed iOS and Android apps. An email has made communication better in various aspects as less time consuming, one can stay connected across the globe.
How to Retrieve ProtonMail Password?
It is very important that the email is password protected from the security point of view and it is also equally right that life in today’s time has become password ridden and it becomes all the more difficult to remember the same which in other words does not mean that you will not be able to access the same by retrieving the password taking the steps as below
- One will be required to go on the Login page and click on the option Need Help however if you are on two-password then hit on the option forgot password
- On this page, please enter the username as well the recovery email once the details have been entered click on Reset Password
- After reading the content please click on confirm
- Now one will be required to check the recovery email as you will receive the code for the reset and if one is not able to see the email in the inbox, do check spam as well and then enter the code in the given field on the recovery page and click on option Reset Password
- Now you will be able to see a warning message stating that Resetting your password will also reset encryption keys, so you will be unable to read your existing messages, as soon as this step becomes clear to you please enter the word DANGER in capital letters and hit on Reset option
- On this page, you will be required to enter the password and re-enter the same for the conformation
Once the password resetting has been done, you will be able to access the account and for two-password users, your account will be reverted to one-password mode.
How to update the ProtonMail password?
As already mentioned our life is password driven and from the security point of view it is important to change the password from time to time and it can be done by taking the steps as below
- One will be required to go on the ProtonMail settings page
- On this page look for the password section, click on change password and you will be given the option to type the new password and re-enter the same for the confirmation.
- It is very important to keep a strong password which means it should be a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols
Protonmail Customer Service
As we all have got our hands on email services from quite some time now hence small concern can be dealt at our end, however, there can be still more concerns where we need the help of the expert so in order to get in touch one will be required to fill the support request form and the services is available 24 by 7 and they will ensure that the concern is taken care at the earliest as they also realize that emails contain a lot of information.