Thunderbird email restoration is a good choice especially in case your computer crashes or something terrible happens with Thunderbird email. You can restore your data in such situations. You would ask how to restore Thunderbird emails? Well, you can do this when Thunderbird email is not running. In the next step, you need to right-click on Thunderbird backup in windows explorer and then extract it to the desired folder on your system. This step would put all your Thunderbird emails as backup’s right there where Thunderbird finds it appropriate. This is how you can restore Thunderbird emails.
How Thunderbird Save Emails from Local Folders with Handy Backup?
You can save emails from local folders with holiday backup in Thunderbird. For this, you can use the guideline given below for creating a software task for Thunderbird backup email.
- First, start handy backup. Then you can call a New Task Wizard for which you can press Ctrl+N or by clicking a “New” button.
- Then select a backup task type on Step 1 and then go to Step 2.
- You can now find the “Computer” plug-in in the “Local or network drive” group right there on the left panel.
- Now, add “Computer” to task data sources. For this, you can double-click on it or with a “>>” button.
- Now, you see a list of local folders and files. You can browse this list after a Thunderbird backup account
- Now, marking a checkbox against it will select a Thunderbird mail backup folder.
- Now, you can repeat the selection procedure until you will mark all the Thunderbird accounts that you need.
- If you also plan to backup Thunderbird contacts, address book and so on, you can browse to the settings.
- Again, you need to select all the files and folders you need. When you have finished, click OK and return to Step 2.
- You can continue making your new task as given in the User Manual. This is it.
- This is how Thunderbird Save Emails from Local Folders with Handy Backup.
Restoring Thunderbird Data
In order to restore Thunderbird backup email content, you can restore them either to its original location or to a new folder which is related to Thunderbird or you can also do it directly onto some Webmail service by using the “E-mail” plug-in. You can use the second method of exporting messages from Thunderbird also. You can follow the below section about direct email backup:
You can use scheduled tasks designed for Thunderbird backup emails. When you use this option, you cannot miss the backup sequence. To make sure that you save your messages, you can also add an option of running tasks missed for some reason such as a computer shut down in a time of planned backup.
So, this is how restoring Thunderbird data automatically is possible.
Using Thunderbird IMAP Backup with Advanced Settings for Mail Migration
When you use “E-mail” plug-in, you get the advantage that Handy Backup can not only save Thunderbird backup email to a different place but it also restores it directly to a server, or it even moves them to another email services. You don’t need local Thunderbird backup operations to do it in this situation. Handy Backup serves quite well. It works as a very effective Thunderbird backup software and a utility to make Thunderbird backup emails directly from a server also. You can experience it yourself with its capabilities when you download and install a 30-day free trial version of it with all functions and plug-ins available. This is how using Thunderbird IMAP backup with advanced settings for mail migration.
How to Restore?
You can restore Thunderbird emails by moving them to a new computer also. For this you can follow the below steps:
- Click on the Menu button and then go to help and there select troubleshooting information.
- Now click on the Open folder. You will see your Thunderbird profile folder opening in windows explorer.
After that close Thunderbird.
Now go up 3 levels from your Thunderbird profile folder.
- Now, right-click on Thunderbird folder and then select Copy.
- After that go to the drive you are using to transfer your data, and then right-click inside the drive, and select Paste.
- On the computer you are restoring, right-click on your backup Thunderbird folder, and select Copy.
Now, open Thunderbird, and close the account setup window if it appears.
- Then click on the Menu button and then go to help and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on the Open folder. You see your Thunderbird profile opening in windows explorer. Now, close Thunderbird.
Again from your Thunderbird profile folder, go up three levels.
Now right-click inside the folder, and select Paste.
- When you are prompted, you can choose to replace your current Thunderbird data.
Thunderbird Customer Service
If you need any help with Thunderbird emails such as restoring your emails and other things, you can get the best Thunderbird customer service from us.