The Microsoft Authenticator is a multifactor app for mobile devices that gives easy and quickly secured access to identify online accounts. It’s pretty simple to set up Microsoft Authenticator App on Android, and iPhone. Let’s see how to do it.
How to Setup Microsoft Authenticator App on Android?
Follow these easy steps to set up Microsoft Authenticator App on Android.
- First, go to “Google Play” on your Android to download and then install the “Microsoft Authenticator app”.
- Then tap on “view”, your barcode in the “to get started” section at the MFA app window top-side.
- Next, enter your “Master Password’’. Tap on “Continue”.
- On your Android phone, open the MFA app, then hit on “Add” or “Add an Account” option. Tap on “Scan barcode”.
- Now, use your Android device camera to scan the barcode. It will automatically occupy a new entry for “LastPass” in the MFA app.
- In the Microsoft Authenticator window, go back on your web browser and then tap “OK” before the barcode has been scanned.
How to Setup Microsoft Authenticator App On iPhone?
To set up Microsoft Authenticator App on iPhone, follow these simple steps.
- First, open the “App Store” on your iPhone to download and install the “Microsoft Authenticator App”.
- Next, approve the notifications. Tap on “OK”.
- Skip the setup wizard to the “Accounts” screen. Tap on “Add Account”.
- Now, permit the MFA app access to your iPhone camera to finish the setup process.
- Wait until the app is installed on your iPhone.
- Now, register yourself for the “Microsoft Authenticator App” by navigating this link go to “http://aka.ms/mfasetup”.
- Then sign in to the VU account by typing your “username” and “password”.
- Press notifications by iPhone App for the utmost secure MFA verification way.
- On your iPhone, still, app waiting to scan the QR code. Then look the camera at the computer screen to scan that QR code. Tap on “Next”.
- Now the App is configured. Validate the MFA setup. Wait, until Verification completes.
- Accept the MFA test on your iPhone to verify the connection and the App setup process.
- Finish the registration by adding a phone number if you can’t use or access the App on your iPhone.
- Keep signed in. Also, ensure that your details are right.
- Also, if you can add an extra number at present, and then tap “cancel”.
- Congratulations! You have been successfully registered and set up an MFA on your iPhone.