Account security has turned into a big concern for browsing lovers, and two-factor authentication has been introduced by the webmail companies to help those users. 2-step verification or two-factor authentication is actually an extra layer of security provided to the email account users. With this, you will actually sign into your account in two steps using something you have or something you know. It is a safe login process and preferred by those people who are concerned about their account security. Let’s explore the steps required to enable or disable 2-step Gmail verification in your account.
How to enable 2-Step Verification for your Gmail account?
- Open your Google Account and access the navigation panel
- Select Security in the navigation panel
- Go to the “Signing into Google” section which will enable you in activating the desired feature
- Now you need to select 2-Step Verification
- Get started by following the on-screen steps
How to disable 2-step verification for your Gmail account?
- Open Gmail and log into your account
- Go to the Security section
- Select 2-step verification and you will be prompted to make account sign in
- Enter your account login credentials
- Then you need to select Turn off
- A pop-up window will appear
- The appeared window will confirm that you actually want to disable this feature
- Select Turnoff
After this feature is activated, you will need to complete a second step to verify it is you every single occasion when you sign in your account. If your account is associated with your school or office, you need to contact your administrator to disable 2-step Gmail verification or disable this extra layer. You only can do this if you have the admin account access. After you have deactivated it, you are suggested to destroy all the backup codes that you have saved to sign into this Gmail account. For more information regarding your account security, please contact the technical support engineers who are handling the security department.