How to remove a Google Account from Chrome?
Google Chrome is one of the best browsers available in the world to surf the internet. Started in 2008 by Google, it has grown its user base to a great extent. It runs smooth less and flawless, thus its popularity has reached to no limits. Chrome comes with features like bookmarks, history, password, credit/ debit card details, etc. to remember.
If the user has logged in to the chrome browser at any other computer, their passwords, bookmark and their details are available at this computer too. One can simply use their browser’s data at any of the PC across the world by logging in to their chrome browser.
Chrome allows multiple users to log in to a single browser, each having its own preference and settings. Thus you need to remove a Google Account from Chrome to safeguard your data and account. Removing an account removes all the data of the concerned user from the chrome.
How to Remove a Google Account from Chrome on a PC?
Removing a Google account from Chrome erases its browsing data, bookmarks, and more. User can add and remove google account at any time easily.
If a chrome browser has multiple users logged in, one can remove any user with ease. Below are the steps to remove a Google Account from Chrome on pc:
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your PC.
- Click on the user picture at the upper right corner of the webpage.
- You will see a menu. Now click on the gear-like icon to change the settings.
- You will see a list of available accounts. Move the mouse over any account which you want to remove.
- Click on the three vertical dots and then select the “Remove This Person” option.
- Again click on “Remove this Person” to confirm that you want to delete that account’s data from this computer.
- All the data like bookmarks, passwords, and history are removed from chrome.
How to Remove a Google Account from Chrome on a mobile phone?
Now a day mobile phones have become handy and chrome is the default browser installed in the android phones. However, people also prefer chrome as it is a very fast and secure browser. Many times you need to remove a Google Account from Chrome on phone and thus needs to know the steps, so here are the steps to remove google account from chrome browser:
- Open “Settings” and go to “Accounts”.
- Choose “Google” from the list.
- Tap on the email id which you want to remove the account for.
- You will see the option to remove the account.
- Tap on the “Remove Account” option to remove the user from the chrome.
Why do we need to remove a Google Account from Chrome?
Google Chrome allows multiple users to log in to a single browser with a personal setting and preference. At the time when any user logout from the chrome, it does not remove the account, despite it only sign you out from your account. Thus it is necessary to remove your google account from chrome after using the google chrome if you don’t need to browse anymore.
Also many times, you log in to your google account from public computers. This saves your data and other important details on that computer. To safeguard your account, you need to remove your account from the chrome browser after using it.
Consequences of removing Gmail Account from a device
Removing a Google Account from Chrome gives your account safety and hence secures all the data stored in your Google account. You can also get google support to remove your account from chrome when needed.