What Does Porting Number to Google Voice Mean – In simple words, it means one can use the existing mobile number and reassign to Google hence an individual can use to manage incoming calls however previously one was required to take a brand new number assigned by the service.
Step to Porting Number to Google Voice:
In order to port, the number one will be required to take the steps as below
- You are requested to open Google Voice on your computer
- If one has not used it before, you will be required to set up Voice and for it, you be required to pick a new number however the ported number will replace it
- On this page click on Menu and then see for the option Legal Google voice and now the Google page will look somewhat different
- Click on settings which is at the top right and select the option Phone tab
- One will be able to see your number click option change/port which will be next to your current number
- Click on the option I want to use my mobile number and then you will be required to follow on-screen instructions
- In order to get calls, set up phones to receive calls
- Normally it takes 48 to 96 hours to port
How to port a landline number to Google Voice?
In case you are willing to port your landline number to Google Voice then users should firstly know that it is not possible to port the same on a direct basis. Users will need to port the same through mobile carriers. So firstly users will need to do is port their landline number to their mobile carrier and then from there, they can simply move on to their Google Voice. Users can follow the steps mentioned below in order to get a one-stop solution for the issue.
Steps to port landline number to Google Voice:
- Step 1: Users can firstly do is buying a T-Mobile SIM Card.
- Step 2: Once that has been done in an effective manner then users can create a new Google account.
- Step 3: Users can next port the landline number to the account that they have created.
- Step 4: Finally users can make the move to their Google Voice and complete the portability process.
How to forward calls to the main number?
Users looking to forward calls to the main number can simply move down the tutorial and follow the steps as mentioned down in the tutorial in order to get a one-stop solution for the issue.
Steps to forwarding calls to the main number:
- Step 1: Users can lift the receiver and listen for dial tone and press *72.
- Step 2: Users will now hear a shutter dial tone as well as normal dial tone and then dial the 10 digit destination number where they want the calls to ring.
- Step 3: Users can now stay on the line until the destination number that they have selected is picked up by a colleague or voice mail which will now ensure that all the incoming numbers will be directed to the number.
Once the porting is done, you then have complete control on numbers where they will go and the same can be changed one can get the call on the work desktop during the day and on your mobile during the night not only this one can get the call ring at three different phones at the same point in time, in a case in the near future if one changes the mobile phone provider you be required to update the same by logging into your Google Voice account and do update the forwarding info there